Tuesday, April 1, 2008

March Assignments (Poya)

Alright so here are my entries:

B&W portrait: I've looked at this way too much and not sure if it works. It definitely looks better in color. I also tried to crop out the distracting person in the background but it made the picture too...cramped. Any suggestions (besides photoshop action) is welcome.


Green: I did take this photo in March, but it's cheating a little since I took it after I found out about this blog. It's taken in Bahji


Oxymoron: This was very though. Couldn't think of much, and I don't know if the following can really be considered an oxymoron. I just thought having a big rock in the middle of a path was bizzare and interesting.


And here is one that didn't make it to the final cut:

4 comments:

dhab said...

Great Poya! i'm glad you were able to do something for this month. I like the guy in the background of the portrait actually, he's kinda in perfect stride and position so it almost looks deliberate. Is that a cricket wicket your friend is hiding behind?

The rock in the path is great too. I saw another photo in your picasa album of a red plastic back in the woods, I really like that one :D

Poya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Poya said...

Yep that's a cricket wicket. You know recently Ryan Lash (you've probably heard of him...amazing Baha'i photographer: Departure Lounge) ran a couple classes here. He had to cut the course short but the main thing I picked up from it was to try and keep the shot as simple as possible and cut out anything that may compete with the subject. Seems quite obvious but I never used to consciously pay attention to it while taking photos. In this case I think you are right that it sort of works, but it definitely wasn't deliberate :P

I also added a link to the plastic bag photo :)

Farshid said...

Awesome pics poya!